- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 12 ounces smoked salmon or lox
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp chives
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- Garnish: fresh thyme
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375°. Slice end off of potatoes. Place skin side down on cutting board. Coat with melted butter then lightly sprinkle herbs and pepper across them. Sandwich them together and and place into greased muffin tins. Bake at 375°, covered with aluminum foil, 30 minutes.
- Beat creme fraiche and remaining herbs and garlic until soft. Lightly spread onto the non-skin sides of the potatoes.
- Place sliced of salmon on one potato and sandwich with the other potato.
- Let stand for a few minutes and garnish with thyme.