Looking for the best nachos supreme recipe? These Sheet Pan Steak Nachos Supreme have tortilla chips that are topped with a creamy cheese sauce, beans, seasoned steak and all kinds of toppings.
- 1.25 lb Walmart Angus NY Strip Steak
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 2 oz cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1 bag (13 oz) Corn Tortilla Chips
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup sour cream*
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Cut the steak into thin strips against the grain.
- Combine the soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder and smoked paprika in a resealable bag. Add the steak, close the bag, and gently shake to coat the meat with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, up to 4 hours.
- To make the queso, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Whisk in the cornstarch, then slowly add the milk, whisking constantly. Continue to cook until it comes to a boil and thickens slightly. Add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese a bit at a time, whisking in between additions.
- Place over low heat to keep warm until needed.
- Heat a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over high heat. Add half of the steak pieces to the skillet, spreading out into a single layer. Cook until browned on one side, then use tongs to flip the pieces to the other side. Cook until browned, then remove the steak to a bowl. Repeat with the other half of the steak.
- Open the refried beans and transfer to a medium saucepan. Add a couple tablespoons of water, then heat over medium heat until the beans are heated through and smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place half of the tortilla chips on a large sheet pan. Drizzle half of the beans over the top, then place half of the steak over the beans. Sprinkle on half of the shredded mozzarella. Repeat the layer with the remaining chips, beans, steak and cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and the nachos are warmed through, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and pour the cheese sauce over the top. Top with sour cream, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro, guacamole, and lime wedges.
DISCLAIMER: Meat should reach an internal temperature of 135ºF.
*If you want to easily drizzle the sour cream over the nachos, you can whisk in a tablespoon of milk to thin it out a bit.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 702
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1109 mg
- Fat: 45 g
- Saturated Fat: 16 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 83 mg
Keywords: nachos supreme, sheet pan nachos