Recipe based on: https://www.saveur.com/spicy-cashew-peanut-recipe/
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cups roasted and unsalted cashews
- 2 cups roasted and unsalted peanuts
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. ground Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Thai chile flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice, plus more as needed
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves roughly torn
- Heat oven to 250°. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium. Add the cashews, peanuts, sugar, coriander, peppercorns, salt, and chile flakes and cook until toasted and the sugar caramelizes, about 5 minutes. Add the fish sauce and 2 tablespoons of lime juice and cook until dry, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and cook until warm and crispy, 10 to 12 minutes. Toss with shallots and basil and squeeze with fresh lime juice to serve.